Monday, December 20, 2010

AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization) Weight Loss

As I continue on my quest with EzineArticles HAHD (Hundred Articles in Hundred Days), I thought I would share some of my journey with AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization) and Weight Loss. So let's start with the AYSO journey and we'll be sure and add some Weight Loss Tips and secrets to discovering a lean body below.
Do you know that when it comes to weight loss, the best approach is similar to how you accomplish other feats in life? Like AYSO, I wanted to contribute and give back to the wonderful sport of soccer. So way back in 1991, long before any plans for me to have kids, I began my volunteer work with AYSO. My coaching and volunteering dates back to 1983 while I was still in college and AYSO was something that I engaged with on the west coast later on.
AYSO began back in the mid 1970's in the south bay area with the likes of Ricky Davis, Zigi Schmid, Marine Cano and some others. And today it is an amazing organization serving the soccer world.
But the same approach that I used with AYSO would prove valuable to someone on their Weight Loss Journey. The ideal body image is about positive self esteem, something that we try to place in all of our children. The weight loss program and weight loss tips are simply tools along the way; much the same way that we applaud and encourage our children.
You see, I visualized what I wanted to accomplish. Sure, I wanted to help kids be better people and learn how to have success on the pitch. But, I also wanted to leverage all of the training and development that a class organization like AYSO provides. So I had a vision of becoming a licensed Coach - not just a licensed coach but a coach who holds the highest license. Later, to develop an even stronger sense of the game, I took the same approach with Referee. I wanted to absorb all of the training and development that the organization offered. It was a very similar dynamic when I obtained my California Real Estate Broker's License and my Series 7 Stockbrokers Registration even though I never planned to use them - the training was there and I took advantage of it.
So as the years played out - I've coached over 2 dozen teams for AYSO and performed as a Referee (unpaid) in well over 200 games over the years - sometimes it feels like thousands.
I progressed through the ranks of Regional Coach, Area Coach, Section Coach and onto National Coach. John Ouellette does amazing work as their senior coach staff member.
With Referee, I progressed through similar ranks and am only an assessment or two shy of my National Badge. Joe Eldridge does equally great things on the Referee side of things.
I am blessed to have been trained by these 2 individuals.
Pick up on another article about my days and progressions with USSF. Presently, I have a USSF National D Coaching License, as well as a USSF Grade 7 Referee Badge.
So how do you lose weight? Again, it comes down to having a strong vision of what you want out of life. Just like my soccer progressions as a volunteer. You choose where you want to go and you keep that goal at the center of your attention. It really is that simple.
Let The Vision Empower You!

No comments:

Post a Comment